Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 79: Our Last Day at the Beach House

Day 79: Our Last Day at the Beach House

Word of the day: бык [byk]: bull

Day 79, the 30th of June. The last day of June and our last day spent at the beach house. We packed our bags and then cooked some food for lunch. Mariu made some gazpacho and we walked up the hill to a little shop to buy some bread. As we walked up the hill, I felt so genuinely happy. Max was by my side, music was playing on my phone, and the sun felt so good on my skin.  When we got to the shop, we found some bread and also a paddle board game for the beach house. We wanted to contribute something because we were so grateful that they allowed us to stay there for the weekend. After checking out, we headed back down the hill. When we walked in the door, all the food was set out, so we all sat down together and ate. I don't remember exactly what we had, but I am sure it was amazing whatever it was. Spanish food is the best. After we finished, we gave the beach house a deep clean. We dusted, swept, mopped, cleaned the windows and mirrors, wiped down the counters and made all of the beds. It took us a few hours to complete all of our chores, but we finished! Then, we put our bags in the car, locked up the place, and drove away. It was a bitter sweet moment. I was sad to leave, but still excited to explore more of Spain.

A picture I took on our walk to buy bread. It says, "Puerto de Santa Maria".

Another picture I took of the beautiful flowers on our walk. 

The entrance gate to the U.S. naval base.  
Another guarded entrance to the U.S. naval base.


I thought that these trees were really neat looking. 


Osbourne Bulls
Leaving El Puerto de Santa Maria 

Sevilla sign. On our way back! 
Here are some pretty views from our drive home...














When we got back to Sevilla, we stopped by a pizza place and got two small pizzas to-go. On our walk back to Abuela's (grandma) apartment, we saw a sign with the name of the place where Max lived when he was younger, San Juan de Aznalfarache. He lived there for about 7 years before he moved back to the states. 


Although most of our day consisted of cleaning and driving, it was still eventful and fun to be in such  a beautiful place. I will never forget our trip to the beach house. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment