Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 85: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles

Word of the day: самолет [samolet]:plane

Day 85, the 6th of July! The day we left the city of love and headed back to Moscow. On our way back, we had to make a stop in Warsaw, Poland. So, technically, we have been to Poland, but we are not counting it ;) I am sure we will visit someday though!


Airport of Paris 



Warsaw, Poland from a distance! I wanted to just leave the airport and explore!

After a few hours of waiting, people watching (We saw this one guy buy a bunch of cigarettes, and when I say a bunch, I mean boxes full of them! It was crazy! People love their smokes I guess), and trying to connect the wifi, we boarded our plane back to Moscow. Once we were up in the air and long gone, Max realized that he had left his case for his glasses in the airport. He wasn't really upset about it though because he thought of it as leaving a little piece of himself in Poland. :) 

Moscow, Russia airport!
After we landed, we took a train to where our friends, Danny and Tim, were living. Before we left for Spain and Paris, they were nice enough to let us leave our luggage at their place. They also made plans with us to stay the night when we got back because our apartment renting period was up and we had no place to stay. Their apartment was really nice. It was probably about twice the size of ours (at least) and the air conditioning actually worked, which was nice for them and a bonus for us when we stayed the night. Trust me, good air conditioning is important when you live on one of the top floors of the apartment building. We spent too many days sweating in our own apartment because our AC did not blow out enough cold air. I even remember when Max told me about the lady that sold us the apartment. He said that she stood by the AC unit, which was really only a glorified fan, and said that the previous tenants got really cold in the apartment. Then she proceeded to shiver to show him how cold it really was. We were not fully convinced, but we took it since we did not have many more options.





After eating some dinner that Danny and Tim had prepared for us, we talked for a few hours and then got ready for bed. We had a long day of traveling ahead of us, so we needed to get some rest. This was a bittersweet moment for me because I knew that I would miss Moscow, but at the same time I was excited by the fact that I would not have to ask Max a million times what the other person speaking a foreign language (that he always understood) was saying. This was our last night in Moscow. 









No comments:

Post a Comment