Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 24 through 38: A Lot of Traveling In Such Little Time (cont.)

Day 24 through 38: A Lot of Traveling In Such Little Time (cont.)

Word of the day(s): раковины [rakovina]: The sink (Currently my favorite Russian word to say :)

Day 31 was the 13th of May. We woke up early in the morning after traveling from Vinnytsia back to our apartment in Kiev. Max had to go to work and I went with him because we didn't have any internet in the apartment yet. On our way there, we stopped by this little pastry place and had an awesome breakfast!
This was part of our walk there. The mall in the background is called Ukraina. 
When we got to the office, life got pretty boring, so I won't write much about it. I did my homework, took a few power naps, and Max worked on his PowerPoint for his upcoming presentation. This presentation he was preparing for was a pretty big deal. People flew out from Poland, Russia, Dubai, and other places as well to hear what he had to say about Ukraine and the possibility of investing more in the country. Oh, and I don't think I have told you yet, but Max's official title is "Ukraine Country Manager". Kind of a big deal. After work, we walked home and stopped by a restaurant by our house that served Italian food.
The panorama kind of messed up my face, but I love panoramic pictures, so I had to add it.
We decided to order a salad, focaccia bread with cheese on it, and a pizza. The salad was really good, it was a very healthy Greek salad. Next up was the focaccia bread with cheese on it, which we love. It comes in a pizza type shape and is cut just like a pizza, but it isn't a pizza just to clarify. As we were eating our bread with cheese, our pizza came. When our waitress set down the pizza we both felt pretty full and we  realized that we practically ordered two pizzas.  So, yes, now I admit, the focaccia bread with cheese is like a pizza. Never again will we order both focaccia bread and pizza. By the end, I had a cheeseache (a cheese headache) and I am the queen of cheese; I love cheese so much I could go to Wisconsin just to buy and eat cheese. 
Which one is the real pizza? 
Anyway, I digress...after we left the restaurant with a box, of course, because we always order too much or just order two pizza's, we went home. We were both tired, so we went to bed right away. 

Day 32 was the 14th of May. Max took me to center Kiev and let me tell you, it was awesome! There were cobblestone roads and fancy buildings. It was beautiful. Take a look...

A bunch of street dogs. They are all friends. I wanted to take one home, but Max wouldn't let me. :,(


There are a bunch of dancers to the left of the picture. I think they were practicing for a show or it was just a dance class. The instructor was across the street. I should have joined in!





Cannon Ball! 






There are bunch of different time zones on this clock. Even Chicago! 







The Golden Gate Bridge Castle
I spy Audrey Hepburn 
Found her. I am Audrey Hepburn. 
The Opera House
The key to Max's heart. 
Yes, those are my hands and No, that is not the real LDS MTC haha
Handsome Man 
I am hangry (Combination of hungry and angry because I am hungry- Max made it up haha) 
Yes, that is premium water next to my fried veggies.
After tearing up the town and eating some dinner, we headed home. We were pretty tired and ready to go to sleep. Once we got home, we quickly got ready for bed and called it a night. 

Day 33 was the 15th of May. We went to Max's work and right at 5:30 we left to travel 45 minutes by bus to the Kiev, Ukraine temple. We were pretty excited because Max worked on the temple before it was dedicated. He did the gold leaf work inside. 
I spy the Kiev, Ukraine temple!


So beautiful. The grass was so green, I felt like I was back in the states. 



It was really great to go to the temple and just walk around the temple grounds. It was amazing, we loved it! It was pretty late by the time we went home, so when we got home, we went right to sleep. 

Day 34 was the 16th of May and it looked like this: Got up, got ready, walked to Max's work, ate a delicious pastry, did homework, drank some Ukrainian juice, fell asleep multiple times, packed up my things, walked back home with Max, ate dinner at a restaurant, went to sleep. 


Oh, and Max cracked his phone, but we don't want to talk about that... (if you ask him, he will tell you that I forced him to do a crazy awesome spin move causing his phone to fly out of his pocket. This is not true, I did force him to do any such spin move.)

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment