Word of the day: странный [strannyy]: Weird
Day 12 was Wednesday. Wednesday was not too exciting of a day. I mostly stayed inside and worked on homework. It was an overcast day and a little chillier than normal. Before Max left for work, he told me there was a 60% chance that it would rain; I didn't doubt that. What I didn't expect was hail. I was sitting on our cheetah print/mini giraffe print couch (we haven't decided what the print is quite yet, it is sort of a mix between the two. Any thoughts?) doing some homework when I heard super loud rain drops hitting our balcony window. I went to our balcony to check it out. I love watching storms and everything about thunderstorms. They are really relaxing to me for some reason. When I got to our balcony, the side window had already begun to collect pea sized hail droppings. It was awesome! The weird part is that this hail storm literally lasted only two minutes, then it was immediately sunny. Take a look...
| Rain Phase 1 (1 Minute long) |
| Rain Phase 2: Hail (1 Minute long) |
| Rain Phase 3: Non-existent. Sunny. (Immediately after 2 minutes) |
Weird things happen here in Russia. So, anyway, I mentioned in one of my previous blog posts that this apartment that we are in now (apartment/home number 3) was advertised as having a shower. However, it turned out to be not just any typical shower; it is a party shower. In other words, it is not okay to take a shower and not fist pump. It just comes naturally. Our shower has a radio, blue lighting, jets shooting out from all directions that actually spray really hard and hurt (one spray is located on the seat of the shower and when I first turned it on, it didn't shoot straight up like it should, rather it shot sideways and nailed me right in the eye), and a mini tub, just in case. The whole shower is kind of overwhelming It is awesome!
| There is a hand spray as well as a ceiling spray |
| A little touch of disco. |
| Blue Lighting |
| If you look closely you will notice an ambulance right in the middle |
Well, after Max came home, we ate some dinner and went right to bed. That was our Wednesday.
Day 13 was Thursday. I woke up feeling really sick. I knew this day would come eventually. I am surprised how long my body has resisted the new environment, food, and smoke. I luckily finished all my homework for my online classes, so I just slept most of the day away. I was out all night until about 3:00pm. I was awake here and there, but my body felt really tired and my stomach really hurt. It was so uncomfortable. When I woke up for a little bit, I practiced a little Russian and then fell back asleep. When Max came home, he brought me some yummy homemade chicken noodle soup and some bread. I hadn't eaten anything all day so I was really weak and hungry. I almost asked him to help feed it to me. I took a few breaks...pathetic, I know. haha We also looked for some hotels in Paris for when we go in July. Any suggestions? We would like to get something cozy and not super expensive. After looking up hotels for a bit and Face-timing some of the family, I knocked out again. This time for the night.
I woke up in the middle of the night in a lot of pain and feeling like I had to throw up. I had the chills and felt feverish. I couldn't sleep. I ran to the bathroom a few times, but they were just false alarms. I hate throwing up, so I think I forced myself not to. After some time, I had to. Max ran to me and comforted me. What a great husband :) I love him. After that, I felt a little bit better and was able to fall back asleep.
Day 14 was Friday (today). I woke up still feeling not too well. I was so weak. I had a little bit of bread for breakfast that Max had to inspect carefully because some little ants had gotten into our delicious bread. Dumb ants. Max stayed home from work to take care of me and because he had stayed up a good chunk of the night with me. His stomach also felt a little bit off. Maybe because of the lack of sleep, or maybe because I got him a little sick. Hopefully not the latter. After eating my little bit of bread and drinking some water, I fell back asleep. When I woke up, Max left the apartment to go get some more chicken noodle soup for me as well as some bread and sprite. He's the best :) When he got home, I ate it right up. Probably a little too fast. He told me to slow down, but I was super hungry. Again, I had to take a few breaks throughout the meal because I was so weak. After lunch, I went to sleep again while Max watched some videos. When I woke up, I sat out in the balcony to get some fresh air. It felt great. I miss the outside. I haven't left the apartment since Tuesday. I am crawling out of my skin a little bit and my back hurts from sleeping and laying down so much. Hopefully this will be my last day of sickness. I am starting to feel better. Here in Russia they call it Tsar's Revenge when you get sick first entering the country. It is for all the people that were killed during the Russian Revolution. I am glad that it is slowly but surely passing. I don't really like Tsar's Revenge.
On a more positive note, today is going to be an awesome day in Chicago! It is Chris and Carrie's open house! So a little shout out to my brother, Chris, and his new Mrs., Carrie! We love you guys and wish we could be there to celebrate and party it up! Happy Marriage!
Well, that is all for today, but if you want to check out this previous blog post, Kostroma, I have added a few fun stories about a black man bearing a white baby and the police stopping us.
No comments:
Post a Comment