Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 4: The Interview

Day 4: The Interview

Word of the day: пожалуйста [pozhaluysta]: please and you're welcome 

Today I had a job interview to be a governess/English tutor for this one Russian family. I was kind of nervous because I didn't know what to expect and I had to get to the interview pretty much by myself. I had to walk to the Paveletskaya Metro station, find which train to get on (mind you that there are multiple levels to the metro and everything is written in Russian, no English), and make sure I got off on the right stop, Park Kultury. Luckily, I didn't get lost and I was able to meet up with Marcus, our friend that we had previously had dinner with Sunday night.  He is the CEO of the company Novel English and is the one who found a family for me and provided me with the interview.  We went to an office where I met the family and we had the interview.  Marcus translated for me and in the end, everything went really well. She really liked me and offered me the job. Now I just need to decide if I want to take the job offer or not. School makes the decision a little bit more complicated because I would be working full time and taking classes.  It will all work out and I am sure Max and I will come to a decision soon. If I don't take this job, there will be other opportunities to be an English tutor or substitute teacher, which is really exciting to me.  When I got home, I had some bread for lunch because I didn't want to cook anything in the kitchen, mainly because of that nasty cockroach still lurking around. Then, I laid down in our very springy bed, where you can literally feel every spring, and noticed this...


Yes, that is a spring, sticking out of the bed. I told you that you can literally feel every spring. There is no cushion. Well, it is a bed, I can't complain. It is more comfortable than trying to sleep upright on the plane, that's for sure. We should be moving out of this apartment soon anyway due to the cockroaches, poky spring-filled bed, tiny factor, and smoke smell. 

Time for bed pretty soon, we are still trying to catch up on sleep. Oh, and we will be traveling to Kostroma, Russia tomorrow afternoon until Saturday afternoon. We are excited to explore other areas of Russia and Ukraine, since Max is considered the Manager over Ukraine. Pretty cool stuff. 

Until tomorrow, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment